The Sham MCs have been taking the Syrian hip-hop scene by storm.... introducing new genres to a Arabic World.
This group is all about crossing barriers, rapping in both English and Arabic. While mixing the Hip Hop flavor with the sounds of traditional Arabic music, while avoiding the lyrical clichés of both genres.
The six member crew is a mix of Syrian Christians, Muslims and followers of new age spirituality. Sham MCs are taking advantage of more accessible recording technology, and social media tools. Which have fueled uprisings in other Middle Eastern countries to spread their music to a Syrian audience they say, “is hungry for hip-hop”.
MC Mic Son, who learned English from an online Ebonics course, took us into the studio during a recording session for the Sham MC’s second album.
Sham MCs started in 2007 and released their first album in 2009 \"Klemat mtkate3a\" \"Crosswords\" now they have over 47,000 fans all over the world.
Quoted from Headliner FM:
“One of the great things about music is the way it can unite people from all over the world. It has often been said to be a universal language. AT Headliner, we support indie artist of all kinds, from all over the world. In the past few months, we\'ve come to know and dig SHam MCs, a Syrian rap group who gets the DIY indie grind, the importance of fan engagement and promotes positivity and consciousness among diverse people through their unique mix of Middle Eastern sound and Hip Hop. They are walking their talk; in their own words.”
Sham MCs has recently collaborated with one of the most successful indie labels in the United States, “Strange Music”. The track is called “Die To Party” (http://retwedia.com/8hwvv5). Also, in 2010 Sham MCs won 1st place in Yallafan.net Globally Music contest, scoring the hightes fan base that the website has seen in three years. 2nd place in the R&B contest on YallaFn.net in 2010. While seeking to increase their knowledge in the music industry they participated in the Music Workshop in Lebanon organized by Encore Booking Agency, based in London, England in 2010. Along with being artist they also judges of the Yearly Syrian Hip Hop for new rappers on 963.Rap.com in 2010.
Sham MCs are working on various projects such as:
* Second album called \"Mosiac\" \"MozayeeK\" 2012
* Featuring with famous rap band in the Arab world and abroad
Sham MCs have been busy performing throughout Syria and the Middle East. Their recent performance at the Sawy Culture Wheel w/Sony Rahala (Cairo, Egypt) Two dates: February 2nd and 7th with a total audience of over 1200 music hungry fans.
Other performances throughout the years:
* Concert in Jet Set Club in Damascus at Sham Hotel in 2007
* Performed at Omar Offendum & Rag Top Tour ( From LA beats to Damascus streets )
at MRMR night club in Bab tuma in 2008
* Concert “From Black to the White” with DJ Mood at the Sarai Club in 2008
* Concert in Eead alfutr In Sarai Club in 2008
* Charity Concert for chirms in Latin Church In Bab tuma in 2008
* Concert at Nidal Sport Club for chirms in 2008
* Concert at Telal Restaurant In Homs City in 2009
* Various concerts and others Clubs & Bars in Bab tuma in 2007-2008-2009
* MASSAYA DJ FESTIVAL: Dedeman Damascus / Aleppo / Lattakia 2009
* Charity Concert in the Ingelye Church in Bab tuma in 2009
* Celebration of Eied al Adha in Damascus castle 2009
* Represented Syrian HIP HOP with the French cultural center in the Music Day celebration
at Bet Kayed 2009
* HIBA\'S FUN DAY: at HIBA university in Damascus 2010
* Performed at NABD Festival organized by Ana Souri website in the Arabic cultural center
in Damascus 2010
* Represented Syrian HIP HOP with the American Cultural center in Damascus in
Al Ameirat palace with Chen Lo & the Libration family band from New York 2010
* Concert in DSC (American school in Damascus) 2010
* Represented Syrian HIP HOP with the American Cultural center in Damascus in Alhamra theater with Havikoro dancing band from Texas 2010
Sham MCs have broaden their horizons regarding and have recently signed with Shootin’ Starzz Entertainment Management, based in Toronto, Canada.
This year, 2013 will reveal what Sham MCs have been promoting from the start, a message of peace and unity through music. Sham MCs mean “The Whole Arab World Microphone Controllers”.
You can find Sham MCs Viral throughout the web:
For Bookings, Collaborations, Hooks, DJ Drops, and Interviews forward all inquiries to:
Shootin’ Starzz Entertainment Management